Saturday, December 28, 2013

DIY Card stock Journal


Hello! 
If you're anything like me, you have a complete obsession with notebooks/journals/diaries. 
I love them all! I really do.
Ever since I was little(er) I've been obsessed with finding new was to make my own, and decorating them is pretty fun too do as well!
This is just one way I like doing them, I'll probably show you all more ways to make them in the future. :)

So, here is what you need:


~1 piece Cardstock/Paperstock, paper of choice (for the pages), a needle (larger is better), embroidery thread or yarn. Stamps and ink to decorate(optional)~

 Step one:
 

Fold your cardstock piece and pages in half.
I'm using 8.5 x 11 in size, but you can use whatever you prefer!
If you don't want your pages to stick out, I recommend cutting off just a tiny bit of the edges.


Step two: 

Put pages inside of cardstock, and make sure everything is lined up evenly.

Step 3:

Thread your needle like so.
I used about 6 inches of thread.
Don't tie a knot in the end, but leave a small tail.


Step 4:
Poke two holes, about an inch and a half to two inches apart.
(If your needle won't poke through, you can use a tack or an awl if you have one!)
Loop your needle and thread through as pictured above, leaving a tail at both sides and pulling tight (like the third photo).


Step 5:
Tie a knot nice and tight to keep it from coming undone, and then clip off the edges.
Once you've done that it should look something like those^!


Step 6:
Once you're done you can stamp/decorate to your hearts desire!
These are a couple of my favorite stamps hehe :)

Well, I hope you guys enjoy this, and/or try it out!
They're really simple, and not hard at all:)

Stay Minty
-Juli

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love when you guys pop in to leave nice comments:) It makes my day!